To help clear these confusion, here are some things to know:
1. The term “ambient light rejecting” or ALR, is a nomenclature in AV industry referred to a particular screen feature that prevents ambient light from washing out a projected image. In English, pictures projected on ALR screen will have solid color saturation and sparkling high contrast even in a well-lit room.
2.Ambient light includes - but is not limited to - light coming through windows, in wall/ceiling lights, lamps, candles, fireplaces, or even the light of your own video screen reflecting off light-colored surfaces in your room, and they will all impair the quality of your projected image.
3.ALR screens come in two basic types: "retro reflective" or "angular reflective." The difference lie in the direction they reflect the image. And retro reflective ALR is the preferred format in high performance home theater applications.
4.There is no ALR screen that can reject 100% of ambient light.
5. To get the most out of your ALR screen, make sure you follow its installation instructions. Projector placement plays an important role in enhancing the ALR effect.
1. Product Name: High-End Customizable 4K/8K 3D Anti-Light Curtains Portable Wall Mounted Fixed Frame Projection Screen for Standard Projector
2. Screen Material: Black Diamond ALR-1.5
3. Gain: 1.5 gain Viewing Angle: 160 degree
4. Ultra-thin 10mm aluminum black bezel frame
5. Excellent color fidelity, contrast enhancement, and brightness retention
6. 8K 4K Ultra HD, Active 3D and HDR Ready
7. Material stretches over frame for a permanently tight-tensioned flat surface
8. LED edge back lighting kit included with remote control for added visual appearance
9. Not compatible with Ultra short throw projector
10. 5 Years warranty
Black Diamond ALR-1.5 is a front projection material designed to reject ambient light while maintaining superb picture quality. It is the perfect solution for rooms that have little or no control over incidental light and allows projector to reflect more light towards the viewer. The high performing black diamond ALR-1.5 is superior to traditional white or gray materials in its ability to maintain a sharp, bright image regardless of ambient light.
Features & Benefits
· Gain: 1.5
· Viewing Angle: 160
· Contrast enhancement over standard matte white surface
· 8K/4K Ultra HD and Active 3D Ready
· Polarized for Passive 3D applications
·Capable of improving brightness, color, and contrast under ambient light conditions
·Screen surface can be cleaned with mild soap and water
*Not compatible with ultra short throw projectors or edge-blending due to risk of hot spots
*Works best when the minimum throw distance is 1.5 times the width of the image
*The ambient light must never come from the same direction as your projector
*Install the projector so the projected light mirrors the reflected light with equal angles and is aligned at eye level for best results.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
An ALR screen works by selectively reflecting light back to the audience. This effect is achieved by positioning the projector and screen in such a way that the projector's light is bounced towards the audience, while the other light in the room is reflected back in some other direction.
HOW TO CHOOSE SCREEN SIZE CORRECTLY
There are mainly four factors you need to consider before choosing the best screen size:
1. Projection Wall Dimensions
2. Projection Distance
3. Projector Brightness(Lumens)
4. Viewing Distance
Projector Brightness / Screen size*2 = Unit Brightness Index
eg: XGIMI H1S ( 1100 ansi) 100inches
Sharp colors and improved contrast, regardless of excess light
Our Black diamond ambient light rejection delivers near-perfect color accuracy in both high and low light conditions. The ambient light reflective coating of our black diamond screen contains millions of nanoparticles that reflect light back towards its source.